Statement UAC - User Account Control
UAC is an acronym of User Account Control and is a security technology, which was introduced by Microsoft starting with Windows Vista. This was designed to restrict the rights of programs, so that they could do no harm. Many applications require corresponding rights, e.g. to specific directories, or Registry-access. Even administrators must confirm a dialog, when a program requires appropriate administrative rights. More information at Wikipeadia
abylon UAC-GRABBER legends to symbols
Icon and button (Activated or hidden, depending on the selection):
- Close: Close the program and enabled the tray icon.
Create a desktop link: Creates a shortcut on the desktop of the selected program.
NOTE Helpful on Windows 8 and 8.1!
Create a desktop link with admin rights: Creates a shortcut on the desktop to call the selected program with administrative rights.
NOTE This specialized desktop icon open programs without showing the UAC confirmation dialog! li>
- Add link: Opens a dialog box, for selecting a file. Document and also executable programs are allowed. The displayed icon is automatically extracted from the file.
- Remove link: Removes the selected link from the Start Menu list.
Activate service: Enable the service for rights management organization.
NOTE For an activated service only, a program will start without the UAC question dialog.
Deactivate service: Stopt the service for rights management organization.
NOTE However, in this case the program will start normally, with the UAC question-dialog.
NOTE See FAQs, if some symbols are not displayed!
Icons at the bottom right:
- About: Opens the About dialog, or the FAQ page on our website
- Registration: Allows you to enter the registration information
- Update: Updates the display
- Help: Open the website, with help-information.
- abylon UAC-GRABBER Tools: Built-in functions:
- Computer log-off now: Logs off the current user.
- Computer shut-down now: Shuts down the computer.
- Computer lock now: Locks the desktop.
- Start Explorer as administrator: Starts the File Explorer in administrative mode. Thus allow all operations to run directly in administrative environment, including the desktop. (NOTE Comparable with disabled UAC)
- Close: Close the window and enabled the tray icon.
- Run: Like the Run-Box in the Start Menu. For example open the command dialog with entering "cmd".
Tray-Icon: Display beside the windows clock, if the program window is closed.
NOTE If the icon isn't displayed, it must be activated in the windows settings!
- Right click: Opens a tray menu, above all links from the Start-menu, which can be started with administrative rights.
- Double-click, or left mouse-button: Opens the Program window.
FAQ: abylon UAC-GRABBER
FAQ: Installation and Registration
- Software overview
- Download trial version and additional information
- Shop to order license data
- Screenshots of the software
Request for support
Please use for general comments our comment form!